I love Arizona. Especially in the Fall. I love that we have 2 gardening seasons. I love the winter garden the best, because it is just so nice to be outside. We planted broccoli, cauliflower, basil, snow peas, lettuce, onions, and stock.
And new shrubs for the front planters.
We need to trim this monster! It produces volleyball-sized grapefruits. All rind. Ugg. They do make great souveniers for guests!

4 comments:
Yes, your winter garden has made me a green eyed monster.....it looks lovely. I especially like your hired hands - handsome and cheap - a winning combination!!
Now you have to teach me about Arizona. I didn't know I could plant a WINTER garden. Who ever heard of such a thing? I kinda thought I was off the hook till next spring (having the winter off in Michigan...no yard work etc. was kinda nice). Anyway, you've inspired me. Whether it is to action we will have to see :).
I am looking at your blog at the very moment I FINALLY sat down after an entire day of canning applesauce. Our trees gave us a wonderful bounty...but then we had to do something with it. If you count my time as a factor in the cost of these jars they equal about 27.oo ea. Your garden looks beautiful.
i'm so jealous! i want to garden...
Post a Comment