Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Money Machine

We took a fun tour here this morning. We watched as millions of dollars were made right before our eyes! It was amazing to see the printing process. There were huge stacks of uncut bills, almost 5 feet high, sitting around waiting to go to the cutting station. Just the sheer amount of money that is processed there every day...staggering!



Can I just say how glad we are to have come to Washington DC in October? This is a popular tour that usually requires that you go to one side of the building at 7 am to get your free ticket, then wait in line (in muggy weather) for a looong time. Today we parked on the street outside and walked right in to the tour. The weather has been so nice...cool and crispy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I am following your blog... religiously. I am hungering for all that you are doing and seeing right now. It really brings me back to my childhood when I experienced a similar trip with my family. SO AMAZING! I can't wait to have the opportunity to do something like this with my kiddos some day!

Carol F. said...

Yes, you are bringing back memories from my similar family trip when I was 15 years old.