Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Angel


Katherine Jane Eliza McGrath
*Kate Eliza*





Has it really been 9 years? We miss you so much. We are so grateful to have you as our daughter and are so proud of you. We love you. We can't wait until the day that we are reunited, when we can pick up where we left off.

“Joseph Smith declared that the mother who laid down her little child,
being deprived of the privilege, the joy, and the satisfaction of bringing it up to manhood or womanhood in this world,
would, after the resurrection,
have all the joy, satisfaction, and pleasure,
and even more
than it would have been possible to have had in mortality,
in seeing her child grow to the full measure of the stature of its spirit”
(Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine).


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

The McEwans said...

She is just so beautiful

Susie said...

I can't believe it has been 9 years either, time is flying right by. It reminds me of the verse in Jacob "..the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream..." Happy Birthday, Kate Eliza!

stacey said...

Too precious for words. I love the Lord's promises to us. You are SO deserving.

Sally said...

Happy birthday, Kate Eliza. We're thinking of you today and can't wait to meet you.

Mary Jane, thank you for the beautiful post.

Wendy said...

Wow. Nine years. Time flies...but it is still seems too far away til she will be with you again. Our thoughts are with you. Beautiful words, MaryJane. Love you all.

Michelle said...

Oh Mary Jane those pictures are precious. She is just perfect. And you even caught a little grin. She was born on Marc's birthday. That quote is beautiful. Joseph Smith understood the heartache. Happy Birthday to Kate Eliza. She is blessed with a wonderful family.

Michelle said...

The Lord has promised us so many beautiful blessings to comfort us in our darkest hours.

Kate Eliza is a beautiful little girl. How wonderful to know that the tremendous heartache you feel at her loss will one day be swallowed up in your tremendous joy.

Thank you for this very personal post. You have reminded me how much our Father truly loves his children.

mruchti said...

Mary Jane, I've never seen these beautiful photos of her before. She is so precious and your faith is obvious. Happy Birthday Kate Eliza, you are so loved!

Heninger family said...

Rebekah and I were trying to explain to Beth last week that Kate Eliza's birthday was kind of between days this year--she just didn't get it. I can't believe it's been so long, and I'm glad you posted. We miss you!

Carol F. said...

I don't remember the 2nd picture, though I am sure I have seen it. She looks a little like Matt in that picture. And so, so cute!!! I am sorry we don't know Kate Eliza right now but we will. Won't that be so amazing when Liesl sees for herself that there is a McGrath sister her very age? She loves Chloe, Hannah, Abby and Olivia so much I know she can't comprehend it. Thank you for the beautiful post on Kate Eliza.