Tuesdays are busy days around here. Yesterday was especially so. Both Abby and Chloe were home yesterday. Abby had an earache and Chloe had a half day at school (which I guess in Jr. High is used mainly for completing crossword puzzles) so she stayed home too. Well, stayed home doesn't really describe it. When I got home and collapsed in a heap, I tried to remember everything we had done. Here's my list:DOCTOR--Abby does have an ear infection. Right ear. She doesn't seem to be in much pain though--nothing a little motrin can't handle. But the doctor said it looked really bad--I'll spare you the details. I think Abby has a high pain tolerance. She was amazing when she had to have stitches on her forehead a couple of years ago.
CELLO LESSON--normally on Tuesday nights (pretty crazy--see below) so we moved it up since she was home. She is really sounding great. I love to listen to her lessons. Very relaxing 1/2 hour.
CARWASH--The poor car really needed it. Inside and out. Whenever Coconut rides in the car, he leaves his nose paintings (as the kids call it) all over the inside of the windows. Add a few old shoes of Matthew's, his leftover snack after basketball, and it was ripe and ready.
JASON'S DELI--YUM. We met Gorgus and my mom there for lunch. My kids are so lucky to have my mom, Kresten's mom, Grandma Betsy, AND Gorgus (my grandma, their great-grandma) all here. Gorgus loves to go out to lunch. She always gets a bowl of soup. Jason's Deli didn't dissapoint with 11 choices of yummy soup.
OLD NAVY--shares a parking lot with Jason's Deli. We walked over there after lunch--my mom was looking for jeans, and Chloe wanted to check out the sale rack. She found a cute charcoal-gray sweater, but it was acrylic. I had to give her a little fiber education. Pass down my distaste for unnatural fibers such as acrylic. On to the next generation. Plus she was feeling quite poor, as her money stash has dipped below the $100 mark. So we left empty handed.
WALMART--went to pick up Abby's prescription. Also found one for Olivia waiting for us too. Looked at the patterns with Chloe--found a dress pattern that looks very easy. She found a really cute trim, then some blue fabric in the dollar section, but when the fabric was rolled out it was all snagged. So we left with just the pattern. We'll definitely have to try again. She had a lot of fun designing her own dress. And with the dollar fabric--you can't go too wrong.
HOME--dropped Chloe and Hannah off at the gate
SCHOOL--picked up Olivia
HOME--dropped Olivia off
TUMBLEWEED PARK--Matt had a running club race today. Luckily he got a ride there with LaDawn. I made it there in time for the race. He finished way later than he did last time. He kind of walked a little, ran a little--I think he needed Kresten there as a pacer. He said he had a runny nose--or maybe it was a stuffy nose--the the whole time too. But he had a great time, as always. Got his ribbon and his popsicle and he was one happy boy.
HAYLEY'S HOUSE--dropped girls off for gymnastics carpool.
MADISON'S HOUSE--picked up Hannah, who had Student Council after school. Luckily Madison's mom was subbing, and I found her in the parent pickup line after school--she took Hannah home for me (since I was at the running club race).
BASHA'S--picked up 2 items for dinner.
HOME for dinner--The soup we had put in the crock pot turned out YUCK. It was a frozen soup from a discount restaurant supply place. I think it spent too much of its life in the freezer. So when I tasted it, I could tell it would not do for our main course. I switched plans and decided to make Cowboy Nachos from the Pioneer Woman's website. They were very yummy, and quick and easy to do since we had our canned shredded beef, and pinto beans. Good thing they were quick and easy, we didn't have much time!
BASKETBALL PRACTICE--Kresten left with Matthew for basketball. Kresten is the coach again this year.
HAYLEY'S HOUSE--to pick up Abby and Olivia after gymnastics
HOME--dropped little girls off, picked up Chloe
HOME--WHEW!!!
9 comments:
lol - that picture is a gem, I don't know where you got it, but it's a keeper. Does the word "Tuesday" make you cringe??
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Okay, I just read the recipe, and YEHOW - it sounded YUMMY and HOT and SPICY and right up my alley. Was it a smashing success??
Wow, crazy day! I thought it was funny about Chloe not spending the money...is she the saver in the family? lol
LOL...yes, cute picture! I love her car phone. The nachos were delicioso. We'll definitely be making those again soon! Perfect with the canned beef and pintos. I browned the meat and added el pato, just like she said. Oh yum. And yes, Chloe is our little miser. She doesn't even want to put it in the bank...she is a mattress stuffer for sure.
Who says being a mom is not a full time job?
Holy COW How do you do it? I am terrified of my kids getting a schedule, and you handle it with ease. You are awesome, I miss seeing you at church, but it is fun to see Krestin every now and then for stake stuff.
MJBM-
WOW! ONe day in your life sounds like 3 in mine. You are awesome. I tried to get on your dinner calendar and it wouldn't work for me-probably due to my lack of computer skills. Can you email it to me?
Thanks-hope you are well.
Definitely a crazy day. Thank goodness every day isn't like that. It was just so crazy I had to write it down...so someday when I have an empty nest and a pile of knitting I will be able to remember how busy it used to be.
I am so exhausted reading about that day that I do believe I will now go to bed. That is saying a lot since it is not before my usual bedtime. Wow, Mary Jane. That was more like 10 of my days. LOL Good on you!!! Why can't that rub off more?
Post a Comment