We also had time to make sugar cookies. We don't make those very often, but the kids LOVE to make them and they are Kresten's favorite. They had a lot of fun rolling and cutting them. Making sugar cookies is one of those things that I just have to force myself not to hover over and let them do it their own way.
Mmmm...which one shall I eat next?
Coconut--A Girls Best Friend
A dog has to stay warm, right? (Do you recognize that scarf from the last picture?)
So with all that cabin time, I decided to transfer all my recipes to the computer. Kresten found a great free program to store the recipes in, called Evernote. It is online as well as on my home computer. This is an improvement over google notebook which is online only. So Kresten transferred everything I had online, which was about 90 recipes. Then I went through my recipe cards and ENTERED EACH ONE into the program. 170 of them. Hence the carpal tunnel. But I am so excited about this new system. I keep my laptop in the kitchen, so now I have all the recipes in one place. It will be so nice to have the recipes searchable, and I can tag them with several categories if I would like. When I find a recipe online I can just cut and paste and voila! Sharing recipes will be easier, plus when my kids are all grown up and getting hungry I can send them my recipes so they can make their own recipe collection. That is worth a little carpal tunnel, right?

1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Will you hire out and do that for me? That would be amazing to have such access to all of our recipes, instead of digging through boxes for the right card etc.
Post a Comment