Yesterday was the 2nd grade field trip to the beautiful Phoenix Zoo. I love my kids' school...there are so many parents who want to go to the field trips they have to have a DRAWING! I had a statistical advantage with three entries :-) and got chosen from Olivia's class. The teachers were nice and put all three of my kids in my group, plus a couple of friends. It was really nice because we were just free to go and explore the zoo on our own. I have been to zoo trips before with 30 kids all trying to stay together...not fun. This was a great way to go. From left to right....Matthew, Olivia, Mason, Hayley, and Abby.
Olivia making friends with a goat in Harmony Farm. It was so cute! The kids loved brushing the goats. I have memories of going to this very place as a child. I remember when a goat ate Jennifer's shirt. We were so shocked! It was fun to go back there with the kids. It has been a long time since we have been to the zoo.
Handwashing after petting the goats. I loved this handwashing trough! It was so cool! It had foot pedals below to turn the water on. I want one of these for the backyard!
We found a nice picnic area for lunch. It was such a beautiful day. Sunny and cool, and the desert plants smelled wonderful. Paradise found!

4 comments:
Cute kids and perfect weather! I like it when the groups go around the zoo at their own pace as well. I'm happy you won the "lottery" :-)
Supervising 5 kids would be a piece of cake for YOU!!!! It looks like a great day, a fun activity, and beautiful children! Here in Utah today it is cold and snowy, so those beautiful Phoenix pictures made me a little homesick. :) I love reading your blog.
Now I need to go to the zoo too! I love love love the weather right now. Maybe we should go again one day. What are you guys doing during spring break? Your kids are so cute.
I love the PHX Zoo. We took a family trip to AZ a couple of years ago and went. My kids loved the sting rays. And the camel ride. They keep asking when we can go back...
Post a Comment