Kresten's 40th birthday was yesterday! Wow--40 years old! That just sounds so grown up! Here is the cake I made for him in the morning. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It is the first layer cake I have made in a loooong time. I am so happy it turned out nice--thanks to the 10 minute video I found when I googled "how to frost a layer cake".
Home sweet home. We had a lot of fun celebrating after the recital. Thanks Carol and Paul for getting a babysitter and coming over--on a school night--at bedtime, Rudy for stopping by, Grandma McGrath for hanging out with us for the evening, Darren for visiting and entertaining us, Gorgus and Betsy for coming to the recital and then--even farther--to our house, and Mom and Richard for coming and for taking these pictures!
Happy Birthday Kresten!!!

3 comments:
Yum! For someone who hasn't done a cake in a while, it looked fabulous (actually, it looked fabulous regardless - I was impressed :-))
Aren't you glad those insane days aren't every day??
And 40 is way to old for Kres - he is just a youngun'
The house looks ready for Christmas - cozy and warm :-)
Happy Birthday Kresten! Tales of your fatherhood prowess are still talked about in these here parts. You are a role model to men everywhere. And, by the way, you don't look a day over 40.
All our love, The Ormsbys
Holy Smokes that is a lot of stockings on your mantel! Happy Birthday Kresten. We wish we could have been there for your big day of going over the hill. Sorry your present is late it is in the mail and you can expect it before Christmas!
Post a Comment