Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More camping...and Sedona

We went to Sedona late one afternoon just to give the kids an idea of what it was like. We could definitely have spent more time there. Next time I'd like to stay a few more days and maybe go for a hike, visit Montezuma's castle, and maybe Jerome. We didn't have too much time, but we stopped at Tlaquepaque to walk around for awhile. They had a brass band playing below and the shops were open late--it was nice.



We had a campfire the last night and roasted/charred marshmallows and made smores. It was a perfect way to end our trip!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wendy said...

When I read "camping" and then saw the 1st photo, overlooking the courtyard, I was like, "Yea. I like the way they camp!" :(

Carol F. said...

So where did you fix dinner? On the campfire or in the camper? That is the cutest picture, with Abby crossing her legs. What is she, 16?

mary jane said...

Well, we just made smores over the campfire. I'm not quite brave enough to cooking over the fire. We mainly used our coleman stove, but one night we used our crock pot! Our site had hookups, so we had electricity and running water in our sink. It was nice!

cathylim said...

Fun! I'm so glad I found your blog on here (thanks to Millie...). I've got one too. You have such a neat family -- not a surprise because YOU are so neat. And may I just say, if you'd like to take a little trip further, you are welcome to come to the California Central Valley to see us!!