Last Saturday, Abby, Olivia, and Matthew were baptized. It was a wonderful day. Just so amazing. When they were babies we would think...wow, all 3 baptized on the same day...what will that be like? And then ZOOM--here we are 8 years later. They were so excited. It was a beautiful baptism and very sweet to see them take this step.
I don't think I will ever forget watching each of them walk down the steps into the water, with their dad waiting below. Faith, love, Priesthood, goodness, purity. I thought of all of those ancestors who had gone before and taken this step too, opening the gate to the path back to Heavenly Father. From their pioneer grandparents who sacrificed everything for their faith, to both of their grandpas who were definitely there in spirit to see this beautiful day.
I don't think I will ever forget watching each of them walk down the steps into the water, with their dad waiting below. Faith, love, Priesthood, goodness, purity. I thought of all of those ancestors who had gone before and taken this step too, opening the gate to the path back to Heavenly Father. From their pioneer grandparents who sacrificed everything for their faith, to both of their grandpas who were definitely there in spirit to see this beautiful day.
I love how our church baptizes at the age of 8. That is a good age. They definitely know right from wrong, and are able to know what they are doing. They are so good and want to do the right thing. And they are young enough that choosing to follow Christ at this age can have an impact on their choices and help guide their path. It was neat to see them learn and prepare over the last year or so.

2 comments:
I absolutely love the family pictures. What a special day x three! You can see the reason for that age in their faces. I hope you have enlarged those individual pictures and put them on the wall. They are amazing. My friend who's kids are all older has portraits of all her kids when they were 8 hanging in her living room. What a good idea!
Mary Jane, I just stopped by to say "Hello"! You have such a beautiful Family. How exciting it is to see the kids getting baptized. For us it was a very special day,too when our son got baptised 2 years ago. And the day before his baptizm I gave birth to our daughter. But I went to his baptism anyway...
I will never forget that weekend.:o)
Hug´s, Verena
Post a Comment